Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Grateful

Every morning, when I open my eyes and look out my window -- I am grateful.  Grateful for a brand new day.  Grateful for the sunshine.  Grateful for the time I get to spend with my adult children and grandchildren.  I feel blessed.

Since my last post, and I am grateful for completing my first draft of my first photo-magazine.

I am grateful that my friend allowed me to do her the service of scanning and editing to pictures of her mom who recently past away.  The work turned out better than I hoped.  The images were recently used in a touching tribute display at her memorial service.

I am grateful that she asked me to bring my camera to the service.  I took some pictures prior to the service actually starting and will be editing them after this post.   It was good to be able use my craft to bless my friend.

Grateful that I finally completed the first version of a photographic coffee table book.  It features printed images from my "Debut Collection." I have some revisions to make. It should be available for the upcoming shopping season.  Be watching for a 2015 calendar as well.  I will post the links when these items are ready.

Grateful for so many creative ideas that are cooking in my head.  I have to put them on a list and tackle them one at a time.

Today, I connected with a couple who would like me to do a family photo shoot.  Even though we haven't set the date; I am so grateful for this opportunity to provide this service.

I am also grateful that I did not give up and quit.  Grateful that I kept on going.  Grateful for making up my mind and making the commitment to myself that photography is what I want to do.

I am grateful for deciding to focus on my craft.

Yesterday, I was listening to Brian Harding read the scriptures to us just as he does everyday.  I am grateful that God choose to reveal himself through His Word.  Grateful that God is a writer and a speaker.

I was also grateful for the image that popped into my head when I heard Brian read 1st Corinthians 1:18.  It rekindled an idea that had been sleeping.

Here is the result of that creative inspiration:
Here is the link to the reading that inspired me: http://dabplayer.com/home/dab/08052014

There is a lot happening in the world.  Not all of it is good.  But in this moment right now, I want to take the time to feel grateful.  I am grateful to be alive.  Life if a beautiful thing to experience.

What about you?  What's going on in your life?  What do you have to be grateful for?  I would love to hear from you.

Blessings;
Sharon

PS:  Please visit http://sharon-lavoie.artistwebsites.com/ to purchase "The Cross" or view my other fine-art prints.

If you like my work -- use the share buttons and tell others about me.

Be sure to visit & like my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/SLLFineArtPhotography too!

Maybe one day I'll be shooting at you!  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment